mapMonkeys asked to test Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer

Emil

TS Rookie
Infinity Ward has temporarily employed mapMonkeys, a group which describes itself as "a community of gamers who have become infatuated with discovering and sharing glitches, exploits, tricks, and strategies," to…

Read the whole story

example1013

TS Enthusiast
Activision: We'll give you $5,000 to come QA test this.

mapMonkeys: Man, we're about finding and sharing these, not getting them fixed.

Activision: $20,000

mapMonkeys: So when are we leaving again?

G

Breaking news Activision fires all in house Q&A testers for "breach of contract"

TomSEA

TechSpot Chancellor
I think developers need to do more of this. The release of buggy games over the last 10 years has been ridiculous. And the bugs are for the most part stuff an average player would experience. It's really bizarre how or why their own internal Q&A people don't catch the bugs that are blatantly obvious to users an hour after release.

So let's let the average, everyday users do the testing.

Arris

TS Evangelist
There would be a lot of things I'd report to them if testing but I don't think I could classify any of them as bugs/glitches.

G

There have and will always be KS bugs. KS stands for known shippable bugs. The game industry has been using this term for a very long time. Some will get fixed after the game comes out but others liekly wont ever get fixed.

G

LOL, watch what happens when this game is released. No doubt it be 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon from whiny little fps kids. It be like OMG it sucks!, Activision blows!, I can't run it!, ect ect.

Rasta211

TS Booster
good move. Get people who actually enjoy finding these things even when they were doing it for free. I like the direction this is heading.

HangFire

TS Rookie
And I wager that 1 week after release, all the usual wallhacks and cheats come out from all the usual sources, because IW STILL hasn't revamped the underlying engine.