Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook will fight to protect the rights of Muslims

midian182

Staff member

A few days after leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump called on the US to close its borders to all Muslims entering the country, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has vowed to fight to protect Muslim rights on the social network.

Trump’s policy proposal, along with the recent terror attacks in San Bernadino and Paris, have led to an increase in anti-Muslim sentiments, especially on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. "As a Jew, my parents taught me that we must stand up against attacks on all communities," Zuckerberg writes. "Even if an attack isn't against you today, in time attacks on freedom for anyone will hurt everyone."

In the post, Zuckerberg promised Muslims that Facebook “will fight to protect your rights and create a peaceful and safe environment for you.” He added that having a child has given him and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a new perspective on life. “Having a child has given us so much hope, but the hate of some can make it easy to succumb to cynicism. We must not lose hope. As long as we stand together and see the good in each other, we can build a better world for all people.”

Zuckerberg’s post gained 249,781 ‘likes’ within the first hour of being posted, along with 29,163 shares and 13,835 comments. While the vast majority of Facebook users praised the CEO’s stance, there were those who said the site doesn’t do enough to curtail anti-Muslim hate speech. "I've reported multiple posts for racism against Muslims and Facebook have deemed them to be free speech and left them,” said one user.

Another big tech name, Eric Schmidt, also called for a crackdown on internet harassment. In an op-ed for the New York Times, the executive chairman of Alphabet Inc. said: “We should build tools to help de-escalate tensions on social media—sort of like spell-checkers, but for hate and harassment.”

I want to add my voice in support of Muslims in our community and around the world.After the Paris attacks and hate...

Posted by Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Permalink to story.

Yes, internet harassment, the leading issue in the world when it comes to Muslims. All Muslims? no, nobody said that, and you should have the sense to know that.
. Meanwhile facebook says lets go sharia and the Republicans are the ones at war with woman, cause we all know how then hate them.

And yet, most terrorists are Muslims. Kind of makes you think where all the evil is rooting from...
Most terrorists are Muslims, yes. There are plenty who ain't.
Muslim isn't evil, people are evil and religion is always used as a sorry, convenient excuse
Think of the millions of Jews who died at hands of "normal" people during the last war just because they had a licence to do so without any chance of reprisal.

And not all Nazi's were German. Remember the Duke of Windsor, Edward VIII? The biggest Nazi sympathizer that side of the English channel.

You are missing the point that was made. In this case it would be stating that most Nazi are Germans.

Do not think in absolute, 'cos nothing ever is... ;)

only-a-sith.gif

P.S.
Nobody is innocent in this house of war
27bc94f5ca191af2476b571c548387e9.jpg

:)

If you think most terrorists are Muslims, then you are a tool or just a coward.

Since 9/11, the terrorist attack were 3 buildings were miraculously knocked down by two airplanes, 33 Americans have died as a result of terrorism launched by Muslims. During that period, 180,000 Americans were murdered. That is %6, but you already know that you tools.

Since 9/11, the terrorist attack were 3 buildings were miraculously knocked down by two airplanes, 33 Americans have died as a result of terrorism launched by Muslims. During that period, 180,000 Americans were murdered. That is %6, but you already know that you tools.

And you must be a Muslim, and a coward one at that, to pretend you are not, or trying to "deceive the infidels".

It's so, so depressing that everyone feels the need for sound-byte answers, staunchly taking one side in what's viewed as a binary debate. Either people say "it's nothing to do with Islam!", or, (á la Trump) "ban all Muslims from X".

Both positions are demonstrably retarded. Nuance, folks - give it a try. You have to think a little more than usual, but you don't sound half as stupid.

It's so, so depressing that everyone feels the need for sound-byte answers, staunchly taking one side in what's viewed as a binary debate. Either people say "it's nothing to do with Islam!", or, (á la Trump) "ban all Muslims from X".

Both positions are demonstrably retarded. Nuance, folks - give it a try. You have to think a little more than usual, but you don't sound half as stupid.

Wake up and look around you. Does it look like somebody is still trying to work out the differences peacefully? The diplomacy has failed measurably on this one.

And you must be a Muslim, and a coward one at that, to pretend you are not, or trying to "deceive the infidels".

Speaking my mind with conviction and exposing your shallow and ignorant character. That is the opposite of pretending. That is how I identify myself in a tech-site. identifying my self with my religion is something I do in an entirely different situation called praying.

Speaking my mind with conviction and exposing your shallow and ignorant character. That is the opposite of pretending. That is how I identify myself in a tech-site. identifying my self with my religion is something I do in an entirely different situation called praying.

Well, thank you for the valuable lesson...

suicidebombercartoon-425x257.jpg

Last edited:

like child molesting and amputating body parts is ok? Like enslavement of 50% of population (women) is ok? sure... some are not terrorists and don't blow themselves up, but I don't really care at this point.

Zuckerberg is terrorism supporter then? Sad.
Not all Muslims are terrorists so to think and say so is obtuse.

If a muslim is TRUE TO THEIR FAITH, follows their koran, then YES, all muslims are terrorists.
The koran says to kill non believers, to enslave those that don't believe, to take over the world,
that their "god" is the only god.
The USA has been fighting these people since 1785. The Marine corps hymn, says from the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli. The Marines, were created, as a response to the Barbary pirates off the coast of Africa, who were stopping and demanding payments for save passage, because they were non muslims. The Christian crusades, often quoted as "just like the muslims" were in response to the INVASION of lands traditionally held by Christians and other non muslim practicing countries.
The temple mount, built by muslims, was on TOP OF a Jewish holy site. They traditionally build things on top of areas they take over. And, look at the destruction of history with several antique sites that were pillaged by muslims.
So, to stay true to their "faith" , yes, all muslims are terrorist.
If this world doesn't wake up, and deal with them now, they WILL get their hands on a nuke and set it off some where, which will touch off a global free for all, and destroy the world.

Sorry, mate, but following your question here and the comment after, your case is hopeless, I have nothing to add.

yes Facebook is bad, all Terrorists are Muslim and all Muslims are Terrorists. Better?
Good one on elaborating why you have f* all to add tho.

Back