Memory Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have problem with memory stick , every memory i used with frequency of 400 mhz i got " no signal" screen after i shut down and power up the computer.
i tried some no brand comemory stivk - 128 ddram with 266 mhz speed and it works fine .
when i replace back to the kingston KVR 400 pc 3200 400 mhz OR to HYNIX PC 3200U serial number - HYMD232646B8R and shut down the computer then power up i get "no signal" .
please tell me what can i do , i replace already 3 sticks of memoy and the motherboard.
Regards
DRU.

DRU's Memory issues

Dru,
by what oyu have said it would sound like when the computer is on, you pulled out the RAM then put a new one in then shut it down. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

If you want ot find out what sort of RAM you need, post you M/b details ect. or do some googling, no point buying the wrong sort of RAM!

Hope this helps,

Ph30nIX

Well , of course i disconnect the power cable from the computer before i try ..
i just dont know what is the symptom of the "no signal" screen related to the 400 mhz memory ?
what is the diffrent between the two memory sticks ?( the 266 mhz and the 400 mhz) ?
it is possible that the computer dont "give" enough power to the 400 mhz memory stick ?
any idea .... :approve:

Thanks DRU .

Memory problems

I believe that the 266Mhz and 400Mhz is the speed rating of the RAM itself, (like a 2.8Ghz PC). It is unlikely that these will be compatible. Try using just the 400Mhz stick or the 266Mhz stick. If they both work, jsut use the 400Mhz stick and buy more of that if you need more speed!

In regards to the "no-signal" message, i have no idea, but it could be related to the RAM Modules incompatibility.

Hope This Helps,

Ph30nIX :)

well ?

well .. of course one stick of memory at the time but with the 400 mhz it is not working after i shut down the computer and start again ..
any idea why ?

Ph30nIX said:
Dru,

If you want ot find out what sort of RAM you need, post you M/b details ect. or do some googling, no point buying the wrong sort of RAM!

Hope this helps,

Ph30nIX

This would really help us help you!

Dru's memory problems

Dru,

Can you get your 400Mhz RAM Module working or not, just try it on its own... :)

i tried

well , i tried ust the one module but not ..
the same "no signal" the memory is in the compability list but even so - it happens...
:knock:

Memory Problems

It may be worth while going to a computer technician and seeing whats wrong, there may be a motherboard problem or something. Otherwise i cannot suggest anymore. You oculd try looking around BIOS, but be careful with any changed settings! and there might b some reference to RAM Speed.

hope This Helps

Ph30nIX :knock:

Dru's Memory Problems

Dru...

I have remembered what that means, when i have no monitor pluged in, or sometimes when the computer is off, its displays the "no-signal" message. Make sure your monitor is pluged in firmly and screwed in. if it still doesnt work you probly need another graphics card.

Hope This Helps

Ph30nIX

it is not the issue

i manage to solve the problem by remove the 400 mhz stick and put a 266 mhz memory insted .
the problem is nor related to graphics card or to the monitor .... its the memory ...
what is the different for the bios between the two moduls -- the 400 and the 266 mhz ? this is the issue here ..

thank's
Dru

Dru's memory problems

Seems as if only the 266Mhz works--your computer is probly a bit oto old for the 400Mhz and therefore its incompatible. if yopu need more RAM your prolly going to havev to buy some more 266Mhz , which may be mopre expensive than the 400Mhz.

Hope This Helps

Ph30nIX
:)

I ran into a similar problem not to long ago and when i run my 2 512 sticks on 400 mhz my computer will randomly shut off and both the ram and the motherboard claim to support 400mhz but when i changed the clock to 333mhz they run fine. I don't know why this is but you might want to try under clocking it and see if that gets the stick to work. :)

Drus memory

Drui, what is your FSB (front side bus) and this number is how fast RAM it can hold, e.g. a 500Mhz FSB will onl support RAM with a speed uinder 500Mhz. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back