Memory timings or memory size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello, I currently have a 512MB Crucial PC3200 stick of ram this isnt really enough for most games. So i was wondering if someone would help me out on upgrading my memory.

These are my options:

1. Buy another stick of 512MB Crucial (CL=3). £38

2. Buy two sticks of the above ram giving me 1.5GB of ram in total. £76

3. Buy a set of Corsair TWINX Platinum (CL=2.5 ((on amd's)) and take out the crucail giving me 1GB. £85

Also my motherboard is 754 so no dual channel for me :(

Cheers for any help.

Alex

Go for option 1 and see how much improvement you get. That will still leave option 2 available if you think you'll get still more improvement.

Ram Timing WHAAAAT!

Hi, I have a question on the subject of memory Timing...

I've got one 512M stick of 333MHz ram in my P4S533-MX MB,

I'm running a 2.4GHz Celeron processor with a puny 100MHz FSB,

The MB FSB is apparenty 533MHz as the name suggests, though Everest reports it as effectively 400MHz...

But Everest reports the ram at 166MHz too!

Is Everest just lying (like it is about my CPU temp, saying it's 18C less than my BIOS reckons), or can anyone help me get the full potential out of my ram speed, or does my CPU FSB speed affect it or what, I'm all out of ideas save for a BIOS flash and I don't think it's worth the risk (it's my first time). help would be appreciated, thanks.

hi every one:
i have just bought a motherboard/CPU combo from Fry's. The mother board is the ECS PT848p-A and the CPU is an Inter P4 3.2 Ghz.
I have completed to set up everything, and i am pretty sure that everything is installed correctly ( because i have been helping my friends to build new computers at least 20 times, everytime is okay)
However, this time i have met a problem that i couldn't solve by my own knowledge. therefore, i try to ask help from techspot. if anyone know please help me.

I have installed everything, set-up the windows, and install all the drivers. It worked fine. And then i have leave my computer on for the whole night. The next morning i turn off my computer as usually. However, when i started up my computer an hour later the problem has present. the computer won't start properly: no CPU detect, no drives detect, can not log-in to the Bios as well.

This is the error:

"cmos checksum error - Flloper drive is detecting.......... please insert boot disk and press enter"

this has been presented before the all the system check, therefore i don't even have a chance to get into the bios.

i have follow the recommandation to insert a windows ME disk( the only boot disk that i have, a new bios that i have download from ECS.com)
i have try everything that i switch the jumper to clean the coms, take off the buttom battery (try to reset the memory)....
but, these are all useless.

Is that mean my either my motherboard or CPU is break?
plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back