Merge two video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Mac User. My friend sent me two video because the file size is too big. My friend added an extension .001 and .002 at the end of each (WMV)video for identification. After I downloaded these two video, I removed the .001 and the video plays fine on the QuickTime and the RealPlayer. However, it does not work for the second video on either software. Does anyone know what should I do to be able to watch the second video?
Is there anyway I can merge two video together? What kind of software will make it work?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Did you remove the .001 & .002 parts and replace them with .WMV?
Also, you might be missing some codecs. Download and install the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from here, taking care to check all the checkboxes at the install type selection screen (don't check the ones that say 'Not Recommended' next to them). Then try opening the file again.

If I'm reading this correctly he's using a Mac to work with these videos. Have you tried simply droping the second video onto the application you want to view it with? If it's viewable with that application then that method should work. Will it open in iMovie? If you can get both parts open in iMovie then you should be able to combine them there easily. When all else fails install VLC - it's the swiss army knife of audio/video files and is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Are you sure he didn't split them with WinRAR or something similar? I've seen extensions like that when split by compression software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back