Mic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i just recently bought a new headset mic. It was about 15 bucks so i wasn't thinking it was going to be all that great, but it doesn't pick up any sound at all. It didn't come with any software to install and my computer has it under my hardware list. The volume of the mic is all the way up and my room is almost completely quiet. Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

P.S. The model is Cyber Acoustics AC-840 Mono USB headset.

Did other sound work? Such as external speakers?
Look for yellow or red flags in audio of your Device Manager in the System of the Control Panel. If none, go to sounds, and click on the little triangle as you move to different sound choices. Do you hear anything when you click on sounds?
Some CD and DVD players need an internal cable. Check all optical drives to see if any cables are loose by removing and reseating them.
Headphones burn out easily, and sometimes arrive defective. First try in in the computer of somebody else.
If it works elsewhere, to to your computer website or motherboard site and download the latest Chipset, and Audio drivers. In fact, install any drivers and files issued more recently than your computer.
Look for simple things like something in your BIOS related to audio.

The headphones work fine, it's the microphone that's giving me problems, when i try to do a hardware check on it and it comes to the point where i need to speak the paragraph, i cant get any sound from it, i tried with a desktop mic, but it was picking up very minimal sounds, and i was yelling into it.

Is there some kind of program to amplify my voice in my mic, or drivers? i dont know i cant pretend to say i know much about computers when it comes to sound. Any help would be awsome.

The hardware chips and circuits are easily damaged by high volume. When damaged, they cannot be repaired except by replacing the sound card. When they are damaged, the sound output is there but not amplified. Sounds like you have a defective sound chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back