Mic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryfon

Uhm... Hi. I'm hoping this is the right forum for this. Anyways I'm having a problem getting my mic to work correctly. I've got a pretty good headset from altec lansing and I know it works. I had a soundblaster live value for a long time and would use the mic in several games. Never had a problem. But the live broke and I had to go over to the onboard sound. I've got an MSI K7T Turbo 2 with the onboard AC97 audio... thinger. Hope I'm not being to vague.

Anyways I can't seem to get the mic to work no matter how much I fiddle with the setting. I read through some windows xp trouble shooting guides and they say I need to have the Speech Recognition crap enabled but I didn't have to have that enabled before. I can't even seem to enable that though, as it requires word 2002 or Office xp. I've got just Office 2000. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you having problems with speech recognition or problems with the volume?

Ah, doesn't matter now. I just stuck another sb in it and seems to work fine. I was reading on the MSI forums about how the AC97 drivers really suck with mic's so bleh. Anyways, yea, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back