Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Benchmarked

I really want to try this game but I wonder how the controls are. I have really bad tremors so I have to use a controller.

I really want to try this game but I wonder how the controls are. I have really bad tremors so I have to use a controller.

I have read you can play it fine with a controller and you switch on assists and it's almost like playing an arcade racer from your sofa :)

I’ve been playing it at ultra / 4K with very playable frame rates... I’ll report later my actual FPS...
I’ve got a 5960 and perhaps because of the larger cache, I’m getting better performance than a Ryzen 3950 - which would be quite the anomaly!
I do have a 2080Ti and 64GB of ram...

#1 My monitor is 1440p Gaming monitor running on a 2080Ti and I'm seeing average 55 fps with all settings high.

#2 This game looks great, but DCS is more fun and challenging - even tho that game as well could do with more excitement.

Remember when you had to argue with people about the need for the 2080Ti and 32GB of DDR4?

Well I guess those days are over huh?

On to CRYSIS: Remastered!!!

obviously since you own the hardware.

however for someone else looking in who would be deciding on a GPU purchase today. It doesn't really make sense to spend $1000+ on a GPU for one game.

If people would spend $500 on Xbox for Halo or $400-$500 on PS4 for God of War, I see no reason why $1000 for MS Flight Sim would be out of the question.

and realistically, it'll actually run more like $2000 minimum which will quickly turn into $3000 - $4000.

A true Home Flight Sim, used by true pilots actually costs way more. This is more like a discount.

My problem is that the physics are unrealistic.

Seriously, DX11 and only using four threads and not even at 100% ? That‘s very poor.
To be honest, I think people are reading too much into this information. D3D12 isn't an instantaneous magic cure for multithreading: simply using that API won't automatically fire out extra threads. It just gives an easier scope to do so. Given how long the game has been in development, I should imagine the main engine was built years ago.

The fact that they're not hitting 100% utilisation is simply an indication that the threads are being processed in less time than the expected allocation. Not necessarily a bad nor a good thing, but the low % figures, along with the relatively low fps, strongly suggests that everything is being stalled by some other factor - possibly data transfers or data dependency in the physics engine.

The game needs the DX12 api to solve a lot of performance issues to counter the need for big hardware upgrades. Except for 4K, that needs all you can give it!

I'm really mad at this game, I tried to install the Gamepass version and every time I open the launcher, it crashes to the desktop with no error messages or anything. I can't even start downloading the game!

I'm really mad at this game, I tried to install the Gamepass version and every time I open the launcher, it crashes to the desktop with no error messages or anything. I can't even start downloading the game!

I had that problem in the past. It's not the game though its Microsoft, the launcher specifically.
Honestly, I surprised there are still some people who have this problem...Or maybe I'm not.

Anyway if it's the same as mine then its related to the store app and if so here is how I fixed it on my system.

Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
Install the app from that page and accept the UAC prompt when shown.

I know it’s not exactly popular... but I wonder if benchmarking the torrent version would give a different result... without having to grab data from the stupid launcher, perhaps it runs faster....

I need to upgrade to play, looks to be a big improvement over fsx. It's also been along time comming. I remember when fsx came out, it ran like crap on everything but a few years later it was smooth, give them time to patch it. This will be a great addition and looks to be a return to form after the diaster that was Microsoft Flight.

I have read you can play it fine with a controller and you switch on assists and it's almost like playing an arcade racer from your sofa :)

I play with a wireless Xbox remote for windows and its excellent. No setup required. The remote even rumbles when my tires hit the pavement on landings. Good luck.

Back