mini-ITX case suggestions

oldikes

Hey guys, I was looking at redoing a build as a mini-itx so it would be more in the question to carry it somewhere if need be. This is my alternative to getting a laptop as a primary computer and ill be gettiing some sort of cheap portable tablet/laptop for college work.
So I was looking for mini-ITX cases that would be best for my situation. Alot of them are cube-like and im not a fan. I would prefer something that I could put my xbox on top or vica versa. Not that id definately be doing that but thats generally what form factor I want. I also need to be able to fit like at most a GTX 770 in it. I know thats asking alot but alot of the cube cases can do it...
all mini-itx cases ive really seen are too slim or to cube like and that makes it feel clunky to move anywhere. Id really like to have the most efficient PC case possible. Ive got a corsair c70 build right now and it just doesnt work at college as well as id want.

Oh yea. my budget is at max $75.

Looking further im starting to think I won't be able to get a build small enough for what im looking for. and I guess thats understandable.

I guess I should say my PSU budget is $70 so it either needs to support a normal PSU or have a smaller one in that price range and wattage/amperage that can run a non overclocked i5 and a GTX 770.

Last edited:
I am doing a second mini-itx and the case does not seem to be working. the first case is no longer available - I posted pics here - it was all acrylic/clear - over the long term, it turns out that the acrylic broke at the power-on button and where the power supply meets the back of the case.

You might want to look at some that are for video - they have a low, flat profile like a DVD player.

You can get one that will accommodate a pico-psu power supply. This is a laptop-style power supply, with a barrel connector to connect to the computer.

This connection needs to be figured out before ordering parts. The right pico-psu will connect right into the ATX power supply plug, just like the plug coming out of a regular ATX power supply. But the barrel connection needs to be supported by the case.

Thanks for your input

I saw those but am unable to find one with a wattage for a build Id like. I settled on the silverstone ML07. I am unsure due to new pricing from the smaller/more expensive PSU and more expensive case that I will be able to do the build tight now but the ML07 is the best I could find for anyone looking for anything like that.

Post a pic when you get done, plus any lessons-learned; mini-itx always seems to have some quirk along the way, unlike regular ATX MB and case.

Back