Minidump Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitkumars

Hi,

I am Amit. From last few days we are facing a problem related to MiniDump in Windows 2000 Professional based PC. We are using SP4 of Windows PC. This PC restart silently without any warning at any point of time in a day.After this when PC restart it shows an error in the System Event manager and it creates a dump file in the C:\WINNT\Minidump\ folder.

Error source ="Save Dump"
Error description in System Event Manager= "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xa9d60a3f, 0xa94f7878, 0xa94f7574). A dump was saved in:C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini072307-02.dmp”.

It happens 3-4 times in a day.

I am attaching minidump files with this mail . This may help you to identify the problem.

Please help us as soon as possible and let us know the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar Saxena

One dump says s3gnbm.sys (S3 ProSavageDDR graphics controller),

with a bugcheck of 50 - defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM),incompatible software.

the other dump says ntoskrnl.exe (OS kernel) with a bugcheck A - bad driver,faulty or incompatible hardware or software (Duh !)

Possible solutions -

1.Download the latest video driver HERE

2.Test your RAM with memtest HERE If it`s faulty,get new RAM

Thanks

Hi dear,

Thank you very much for you support. Now i will implement this and let you know about it. But can you tell me what tool you used to find the problem...

Thanks

AMit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back