Mobo 2 cpu spaces :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

i was lookin at a mobo other day worth like 240 pounds, and it had 2 cpu spaces -.- was that a special one or are they getting made like that now :S imagine it...
4 x 3.3, 2x 6600 -.- on 2 x 8800gts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE

I think I've read that there are some, can you find it online and link a pic so we can check it out?
i have not seen one myself*

I've seen these mobos but they are for server intended processors, xeon and and the amd equivelent

as correctly stated above, they are intended for server applications. back before dual-core processors were all the rage they built dual-cpu systems. systems that did pretty much exactly the same thing but instead of having 2 cpu cores on a single chip, they had to use two individual chips. they are still using that practice coupled with multi-core technology today. you can get dual quad-core systems. so you'd be running 8 CPU cores, good luck putting them all to use though.

That was either a dual Xeon motherboard, a dual Opteron motherboard, or it may have been the ASUS L1N64-SLI WS, which is a dual socket 1207 motherboard for AMD's Quad FX.

the dual Xeon chips is what I think I remember......
wait till the 8 cores come out this winter > I can't believe it* why in the hell do we need 8 chips ?

8!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! **** me!!!!!!! wdf is the point run 10 games at once? cant see point in 4 tbh dual core is plenty fast =]

no its not for gaming. Its for servers that need to deal with thousands of requests, or work stations which are rendering scenes with millions of poly's and textures for movie quality productions.

Yeh you could game with it. It is likely that not all the cores would be utilized, meaning you'd not see any performance gain. UNLESS you were doing video transcoding in the background, but if you were doing that, you'd need some fast hard drives to prevent that from being your bottleneck.

lol cant imagine having 8 cores running at once for a home pc, so pointless lol but yet so funny.
iv seen them to, i was watching a amd opteron presentation (yes i was bored) i thought about it, but 8 cores? i dont see the point in 4, dual core is more than enough for general use.
but still, if i could, and i had the money, i would lol just to say, yes, i have 8 cores on my pc, beat that lol.
aww sorry guys, just such a funny idea, any suggestions of what you could run to use the power of all of them? other than for server use.

mayb 5 x 1000 thermaltak psus ? lol or a direct link to mains? lmfao! but yes if i couldi wud get 8 to brag =]

lol screw that, 5 PSU's? make it 8 for good measure once each, sharing sucks :p imagine the size of the case lol
lol mains power seems like a good idea too. oh and forget conventional heatsinks and fans, liquid nitrogen cooling :D
good idea?

mayb a cuboard to put it all in lol!
i wonder if u can run more then 2 gpu cards wif 8 cores umm? O.o lol
i bet it wud be more fun to make each core a 3.3 6600 intel dual core so...

8 x 6600

16 x 3.3 dual cores :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lmfao

lmfao omg sold, i want one, my cupboard is full of ****e anyway lol, clothes, the usual, i want 16 cores and 2 8800GTX's lol the overkill is halirious

deeps1987 said:
lmfao omg sold, i want one, my cupboard is full of ****e anyway lol, clothes, the usual, i want 16 cores and 2 8800GTX's lol the overkill is halirious

u got it !!!!!!!!!!!!! halirious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back