MOBO no video output (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there hope someone can help

I have an AMD ATHLON 2600+ (333MHX) Instaled on an Asrock K7S8X motherboard with 256 mb 233mhz ddr and a Geforce fx 128mb (AGP) graphics card.
When i turn it on the fans spin theres no beeps and theres no video output from the graphics card.
O.K i thought change the ram instaled 512mb (333mhz) still nothing
O.K Change the graphics card tried another nvidea 128mb and a 32mb pci,again nothing.
O.k maybe the motherboard is shorting on a brass connector on the case,removed everthing to a non metallic surface, Guess what !!!!!!!!

Please someone help me i,ve ran out of ideas

If there was a short, the system wouldn't power up, becasue all the power would end up goign to ground, which automatically turns off the PSU per ATX standards, but, it could be the PSU not putting out enough power, or its flaking on you. If you can, please elaborate the last time the system was in useable condition, and what was done, this is where many problems are solved, but with this info, I'm betting the PSU.

Hi there took the pc to the shop were i purchased the procesor, had a phone call saying my motherboard blew the processor, so he replaced it with a slightly faster one but he still using my mobo, what i want to no is, is this possible and why if the motherboard blew the processor why still use the same motherboard on a new processor, he,s now wanting to charge me for the work, i think he maybe trying to rip me off

bradnick said:
Hi there took the pc to the shop were i purchased the procesor, had a phone call saying my motherboard blew the processor, so he replaced it with a slightly faster one but he still using my mobo, what i want to no is, is this possible and why if the motherboard blew the processor why still use the same motherboard on a new processor, he,s now wanting to charge me for the work, i think he maybe trying to rip me off

you're right, i assumed that your cpu was defect, so i maintain you're entitled to new one free of charge, if your guaranty period of grace still span within the time of the damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back