Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Cowboy

I need to find out if any mfg ever made a mobo with the following configuration available all on the same board:

Socket 478
AGP 8X video slot
PCI - Express slot

If anyone knows, can you tell me what mfg & model#

Thanks!

Awesome... the Hauppauge 2250 card I'm needing to put on it will support PCIe X1 or X8, so I think this will work fine.

I noticed that the AGP on the board is 4X. if I put an 8X card in that slot, will it work? Should be backward compatible, yes?

thanks!

IF you can find one of those I would think it would be backwardly compatible. Do some research. A rare breed that!

Believe it or not, I just bought an AGP 8X PNP Nvidia card. That was one of the reasons I was hunting down a board like this so I wouldnt have to purchase yet another video card AND a mobo as well.

thanks for the help!

Most AGP cards are 4x\8x, so they'll work with either interface.

And you will find a board with PCI-E and AGP, but it will be Socket 775. Socket 478 is a rarity these days.

Since the combination is so difficult to find out of these old mobos, I'm looking at getting one with onboard GeForce video which also has PCI-Express slots. It looks like my choices of mobo mfg's are Foxconn and Biostar. I've never heard of either. Any opinions on who is the better quality of the two?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back