Monitor black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.
This monitor problem is not mine, because of her problem she cannot use her pc. So I offered to help.
Anyway her monitor is all black with the exception of 2 vertical lines.
Which are about 1/2" wide. You can see whats on the monitor through
these lines. But unable to do anything. We tryed the buttons on monitor and checked all cables etc.
Don't know what to do now.
Can anyone give me any info?
Thankyou

first of all if its crt (really fat in the back) then make sure no magnets are around it.
there are two major possiblities ur monitor is messed up or the computers video card is.
1.test the monitor on another computer, if it worx ur monitor is fine and u have more expensive problems
2. if it still doesnt work then the monitor is most likely fried.

I dont know of anyone that repairs monitors but someone probably does. im guessin ur filter has been messed up. its not an ordinary filter so u cant replace it or anything like that.
Best thing to do is get a new monitor.
If its Lcd (small all the way around) then there are other possiblities. always test it on another computer. test it and write back then we'll see wut happens

Thanks for the info. We will check the monitor on another computor.
It seemed as if the background was normal but hard to tell.
I will let u know what happens after we check monitor.

problem still there

We plugged into another pc and the exact same thing with screen.
The vertical line is very thin and hard to see whether it's normal
behind or not.
You can barely make out the desktop icons.
So we may check out some monitors today.

find a good one. wal mart has a bunch of good ones. dont be stingy on the monitor. cheap stuff breaks and ends up costing more than a decent priced one. ask someone for an lcd monitor. they are more expensive but so much better. trust me.

your getting the monitor for a female, so im guessing she doesnt game, sorry if that comes off chauvinistic or anything, but if she does...like fps (first person shooters) or anything like that look at how fast the lcd's are. LCD's have better quality than the analog CRT's but are slow...so there is a lag time. 12ms is decent 2ms is very good. So that would be another thing to look at even if she doesnt game but wants a good monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back