Monitor Issue (goes dim randomly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

We have about 175 computers here at work, all of which I am responsible for fixing. I've had a problem with one in particular for a few weeks and I heard that this problem has existed before I started working which was about 2 months ago.

Problem: Monitor "randomly" goes partially or completely dim.

The only thing I've found that fixes the problem is unplugging the power cable from the monitor and computer for about one minute then plugging them back up. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Tried:
-Changing monitors
-Changing video cards
-Attaching to a different surge protector
-Changing BIOS energy saving settings
-Changing Power Schemes (everything to "never) in Display Properties
-Changing power cables

Not sure what else it could be.

I'm in the process of reimaging a computer to replace that one, but I would still like to know if anyone has ever seen this occur before or knows what may be causing it.

Edit: Changed the PSU. If that doesn't work I'm going to replace the PC with another.

my computer has the same problem somewhat (screen stays dims and becomes bright occasionally) I tried changing my monitor's output level from 0.7v to 1.0v and back with no permament change, changing this level will temporarily fix it, but after a few minutes it dims (or brightens) again .. I'm no electrician, but I think it may be faulty wiring

my monitor's model number is VS G90f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back