Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

hey guys, well for a few days now i have been trying to solve this problem, since i installed crysis and tried to play it my graphics driver makes my monitor loose connection randomly and causes my computer to freeze, i have uninstalled crysis, used system restore, and re installed my drivers, but this only seems to happen when i have drivers installed, and works just fine without them, i have also checked the motherboard and graphics card to see if they have overheated and been damaged, but nothing, my fans are working fine, it seems to be an issue with the driver software, oh and also with the drivers installed i get colour bars on the BIOS and the WinBoot screen, i have tried all i can to find how to fix it but nothing :(

Can you give us your computers complete specs? Take a look at my specs to give you an idea of what we need

What's up?

Hey I had just about the same problem with mine. I fixed it but I can't be sure it will be the same for you because the desktop i'm using is a Gateway which sucks. I basicly took it outside and sprayed a can of air into it and a huge dust cloud came out. After all that cleaning i plugged it back in and now it work better. Its not freezing up on me and the screen isn't turning off or not reading it. I don't know if that helps but it is a simple solution that most people don't think about first lol. Good luck with it.

Hehe yep. It isn't officially my computer but I'm using it for my work. Its the A+ classroom computer but I claimed it as mine untill I leave. That way most people won't touch it since it's not a very good computer and I can put most of my stuff on it. =3

Any idea what the specs are? You can go to control panel, system and tell us what that first page says...

Can you give us your computers complete specs? Take a look at my specs to give you an idea of what we need

Okay i have
HDD Memory: 400GB HDD
Motherboard: Asus M2N MX SE
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS
RAM: 4GB
Processor: Pentium Dual Core

Hope Thats OKay, no its not a cleaning issue, ive taken my whole computer apart and cleaned it top to bottom, and it still doesnt work, but thanks for the advice :)

Okay i have
HDD Memory: 400GB HDD
Motherboard: Asus M2N MX SE
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS
RAM: 4GB
Processor: Pentium Dual Core

Hope Thats OKay, no its not a cleaning issue, ive taken my whole computer apart and cleaned it top to bottom, and it still doesnt work, but thanks for the advice :)

Is it a on-board graphic or a separate graphics card?

Your video card needs replaced :( sorry. None of the drivers are loaded when you're in the BIOS and you're getting colored bars anyway, so the fault is probably with the video card. It could be a possible overheating problem on the video card itself. Make sure the video card heat sink is firmly attached, and if it has a fan that the fan is working.

If its not a onboard gfx card, remove it, use a rubber on the contacts to clean them, reseat the card,
Also check the lead connections to monitor > card.

Back