Monitor stays on standby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly - I am the type of person you done leave alone around a pc, with nothing to do...
I have a IBM P3, running Windows 98. When I got the pc, the monitor use to go on standby every 5 minutes or so and my keyboard got stuck, fans stopped worked, etc.
I entered BIOS and changed some settings and everything seemed to work fine.
I then wanted to use my flash disk, but the pc did not recognise it. I read a couple of forums, trying to figure out what to do, re-set the jumpers (all of them, each jumper I could find). I ended up stripped the entire pc!!! Told you not to leave me alone...
When I connected everything again, the pc booted fine and went through the "found new hardware" section. But then it could not pick up the monitor - it kept on telling me to check the display adapter...and all of a sudden the monitor got stuck on standby each time I put the power on.
I tested the monitor on my other pc (unfortunately it runs on Windows xp prof) and it works fine, I tested the hard drive, it works, the graphics and sound cards work on my other pc.
Please help!!! Another thing is that the IBM fans go on, but it doesn't sound like the floppy drive does anything - no noise, etc...
I even replaced the CMOS battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back