Monitor Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've had my flat screen for over a year now and until recently I've never had any problems with it. It's a NEC MultiSync LCD 1765 and its acting quite odd lately.

For the first two minutes when my computer is on it acts perfectly normal but soon after it begins to bug out. I get small lines that run all the way across the screen horizontally and occassionally will flash, and anytime I play a game the brightness is screwed up also. It starts out fine but then it will get extremely bright and its diffucult to see and 30 seconds later its fine. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

1.) Check the 15-pin monitor cable to see if any pins are bent or broken off.
2.) Even if the cable checks out, try a different monitor cable.
3.) Make sure your graphic card is firmly in it's slot.
4.) Because this monitor has analogue connectors, it is possible to over adjust the frequency which could cause damage to the display.
5.) Make sure the display is not exposed for long periods of time to direct sunlight.
6.) Do not cover your monitor immediatly after you have turned it off. Allow the display time to vent the heat build up.
7.) Make sure that there are no magnetic devices near your PC, especially on the side where the graphic card is located. The same for your display.
8.) Make sure there are no lamps or devices with a built in transformer near your PC or display. A lot of components, especially older devices are not magnetically shielded.

I hope this helped. :cool:

Could also be your video card has died - are you able to try another monitor (even a CRT) to see if it shows problems - we may be able to rule out the monitor as the source of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back