Monitor won't turn on when computer starts up, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

My monitor won't start up when I trun my computer on. The light stays yellow when it should go blue.
I have tried leaving it for a day or so and switching the wire around have had no joy as yet.

Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Hi Joe, first things first... try another montior. This will tell you if the monitor is bad or if the computer has a problem. Post back and tell us what you found out

Hi Joe, first things first... try another montior. This will tell you if the monitor is bad or if the computer has a problem. Post back and tell us what you found out

Thanks for your quick response!
I borowed a working monitor and found that it has the same problems. I also changed the cable round and swapped the ends on both and am still having the same problems.
I am yet again at a loss as to what to do, where would you go from here?
I would take it in for repair but I have only in the last week spent over £500 on audio equipment so am reluctant to spend more!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Joe

Allot of the time this is caused by a bad memory module. Remove all RAM and try booting with one stick a time.

Antil0ck

I Had a similar problem a while ago,
But I sent it in for repairs,

The cable from the computer leading to the Monitor might be bad,

They told me that basically my computer wasn't recognizing the monitor.

1. Cable Connection
2. I had this problem last month when I got a new graphic card. But when I connected the cable to the low resolution spot, the monitor worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back