Monster Sound MX400 & Win/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster MX400 Question

Hey,

I just upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP and my sound stopped working. I get absolutely no sound at all. Is there a way to fix this?

--Chul1ss1mo

Check your sound properties in Control Panel. Make sure the sound settings are configured for your Sound Card and that te audio isn't muted.

What Sound Card do you have? Is it an onboard chip or a separate card?

I don't think Aureal 3D cards are supported under 2K/XP. I think you might as well dump it & get a new card.

The soundcard is a DiamondMM Monster Sound MX400. They don't have updated drivers for it on their website and the ones that came included with XP don't work.

--Chul1ss1mo

There is no official support for Windows XP, but you may be able to get some "unofficial" support by downloading Windows 2000 drivers.

You see, Windows 2000 and XP are one in the same, in many respects. Including their driver models.

Don't use the installer package if all possible. Manually install the drivers if you can. If you are not able to manually install them (Because all of the drivers are contained within the executable or packaged files), then try running the installer software.

It may be possible to open up the installer by using WinRar (www.rarsoft.com) and extract the drivers if necessary, in case that doesn't work. Most installers for drivers are just SFX zip files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back