Motherboard Advice

Hey everyone I have a issue with my pc when I turn it on it turns its self off after 6 seconds then turns itself back on and stays on but no signal to monitor, I have trie re seating the ram and graphics card and have checked all connections. I bileave its either my power unit or mother board and I am wanting to change my Mother board.

So here is my question This is my current motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2631#ov

Would this motherboard be a replacement http://www.ebuyer.com/231358-gigaby...-channel-audio-matx-motherboard-ga-g41m-combo
... im not really sure what im looking for tbh :(

Thanks

Short answer;
Yes but since its not an identical motherboard, it is highly possible Windows license may be deactivated.

Both motherboards support DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules. It has been my experience that motherboards will only support one memory type at a time. DDR3 is the most recent and cheapest memory available.

Is there a reason why you have chosen a motherboard that supports both memory types?

I suggest doing some more troubleshooting rather than blindly throwing money away on mobos.

It could easily be your graphics card, power supply, motherboard, RAM, or CPU (in order of decreasing likelihood). To buy a motherboard at this point would be rash, even though it may be the culprit. Really, though, it's time to upgrade your whole system, as any money spent on a socket 775 system is just a waste in 2013. A much faster system can be built for $700-$800, including a decent modern GPU and a fast quad or eight core CPU. If money is tight, your best option is to swap out old or borrowed components one at a time until it boots properly. If you replace everything except the motherboard and it still won't boot, then maybe buy the motherboard. If no spare parts are available, you might try a local computer repair shop, but they won't be cheap. Good luck, and consider upgrading to the latest generation, you'll be amazed at the difference.

Back