Motherboard/Graphics Card compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, As you can see by my post count, I'm new to the TS forums. I've been reading the forums a lot but never considered joining until today.

Now, if you must know, I get down to business quickly. And uh... my english isn't top notch but I guess it's okay enough to be understood. (I live in china so you understand right?) 3 days ago, I booted up my pc and got to the loading screen of windows and after it was loaded and got everything packed and loaded, my screen went blank and didn't get any signals. I've read the other posts from people with this problem too and I didn't really get any help. I've also googled about a hundred websites and didn't find anything that helped.

My rigs:

Pentium 4 Processor 3.0 GHz
Windows Vista Business Edition
1 GB DDR RAM
Winfast PX 7300 GT TDH Extreme
Direct X 10
Princeton Monitor 19"
Intel 915 G/GL/PV mobo

I guess these are the only things that can affect display right?

So, I've run some tests. I've noticed that during the periods where the graphics drivers aren't loaded yet that the graphic card works fine. Meaning, during the system startup and the logo screen, everything's okay. Also, the graphic card works in safemode too simply because the driver's not implemented. If I uninstall the driver completely, the card can get through the logo screen but everything's lags and I can't really get anything done.

So I took my card for fixing and the people at the store said there was nothing externally or internally wrong with the card and maybe just something wrong with the mobo or driver. Btw, if there's something internally wrong with a graphics card, there would be no signal sent to the monitor and if there's something externally wrong, then there's automatically something internally wrong.

So yeah... nothing wrong with the graphics card. I've downloaded about 5 different kinds of drivers all from different sites and I've virus scanned with the latest Ad-Aware SE and found no viruses. The only option I'm left with is that the graphics card and the mobo have a conflict somewhere. The onboard card is already disabled and has been for about 6 months. I seems strange that this should happen now.

Solutions I've tried so far:

Dusting
Reinstalling Drivers
Reinstalling OS
Re-Plugging card
Updating mobo
Mobo Monitor

Nothing works. I only have this one graphics card and the onboard graphics card is okay too. My last solution is: Is there anything way to get this graphics card to mix in with my mobo? I don't have enough money to get a new mobo/graphics card and just enough to fix it which is already at least 50 dollars. Mind you, I live in China.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope to get an answer sometime soon.

-Name too stupid for these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back