Motherboard + PC hardware

TheDevopsGuy

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

Sure you can use the hard drive, hope you have your copy of windows because once you plug the hdd into a new mobo you'll have to reinstall.

What psu do you have, pretty sure its dated(just a guess)? Don't want to upgrade and be at a dead end.

The psu was inculded into the mix and match which I forgot to mention it in it was some 650w thermalmaker or something that forgot the name exactly but its highly efficient so

hope you have your copy of windows because once you plug the hdd into a new mobo you'll have to reinstall.

Maybe... I've done some funny/goofy things with Win7 and 2 of the 4 times I've tried just pulling out a hard drive and slapping it on all new hardware the machine simply booted up, made me wait a few minutes while it grabbed drivers, reboot, and then cranked right up as if nothing happened. It really shocked me that it worked, but it did.

Now... as Linked said, make sure you have your OS installation media because you can't depend on that possibility that it may just work.

Dont worry about the installation media I got a students offer for about what 50 euros with the full windows 7 Ultimate and the Microsoft Office 2010 I doubt il ever have a problem with those.Wasnt stupid enough to pick the OEM

The psu was inculded into the mix and match which I forgot to mention it in it was some 650w thermalmaker or something that forgot the name exactly but its highly efficient so

I'm guessing its a thermaltake, and yes they have decent psu's. Let us know how it works out.

Back