Motorola demonstrates nano emissive flat screen prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKevin

I just have a comment. You always are reading stories as this one about a new technology that is gonna let a company make "a product" bigger and cheaper. But, it seems to me, the only way prices ever come down is when something new comes out and the last revision gets old. I don't keep up much with computer technology much anymore, but the stories you read seem to make you believe the next best thing that comes out will be cheaper or atleast the same price. Old school big screen tvs didn't get cheaper until digital big screens came out. Digital big screens didn't get cheaper until plasma came out. Plasma is only getting cheaper because bigger plasma screens are coming out making the smaller ones a little cheaper. I'm only asking, not bashing, but has anything ever been released that was better and faster than its prececessor but at the same cost or less? I know that isn't how technology works but these stories really get to me.
The story mentioned makes the comment that this technology will allow companies to make bigger screens cheaper. I just don't see it.

I understand what you mean but, I think it`s always been the case that new technology is expensive.

I remember buying a Commodore 64 and floppy drive the whole setup cost me around £500 in those days.

Similalrly, the first cd players were very expensive and quite crap compaired to todays stuff.

I guess it`s just the price of keeping up with the Jones`s.

When something new comes out I tend to wait a year or so before I buy it these days lol

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back