Mouse not responding properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessGoddess

the mouse starts to move really fast and files and folders that i haven't clicked open... and when i move the mouse more stuff keeps on opening . the only way it seems to stop is wheni restart it.... this has happened several times. :confused: :mad:

download Hijackthis and disconnect from the internet. then run it and see what you have

I have my AV set to scan once a week .... and i don't have a spyware program on my computer..... I'll try the Hijackthis and let you know what happens..... thanks

Sounds like a bad mouse or cord connecting it.
Have you tried a new mouse?

If it's a PS/2 mouse make sure the power is unplugged from the computer when you change it.

no I'm not using a lab top and its a regular mouse... not an optical one... I have run the hijack this program... and saved a log file .... but what do I fix and what do I just leave the way it is and do I have to remove (delete) any files??? :confused:

Blakhart said:
Hi
Downloading and running "spybot" on your system may be a little more intuitive, so try that for starters.

Spybot:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
Turn on Mode->Advanced , click the Tools item on the left column,
click System Startup
the result is ALL items that get started a boot time; a check-mark says it is active
and you can disable it by removing the check-mark
(kind of nice in that this is NOT an uninstall and thus can be reverse just as easily)

hum; Help->About ( version 1.4 ) reports the home url and the page for download mirrors

I have done an anti virus scan, and spy ware scan, and also ad aware scan... but the problem still happens.... The following the are programs that I used: Spybot, ad-ware SE personal, ccleaner, spyware blaster, cwshredder and kill2me.... there was a web site that said to do these before doing the hijack this program which I have also done

I try to use the tools that won't cost anything first, wich is why I suggested you to use the spyware apps. Then look at the hardware, wich if bad, will cause you to replace the hardware. Do you have another mouse to try?

Just cuz I wanna know, is the mouse usb, wireless, or ps2? Usb has a rectangular connector at the end, while ps2 is round.

Try going to Control Panel/ System/ Hardware/ Device Manager and remove the mouse from the system. Upon re-boot Windows will re-install the drivers.

patio. :cool:

de- fluffing the mouse

This may be a very outdated & primitive notion - but have you tried releasing the mouse ball & checking the rollers inside the mouse. They sometimes get "fluff" or dirt which builds up & causes a very unpredictable response to movement . If this was the case,then you might see the cursor moving oddly when making left right or up/down linear movements with the mouse.

what kinda mouse you got?

optical, roller, or furry?

ok. I see you have a roller mouse. Clean it - better yet- get an optical mouse.
use denatured alcohol. Remove the ball, clean the ball and rollers.
Replace.

An optical mouse is maintenance free.
A furry mouse just requires cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back