Mscstat2.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountMackulaHPT

Every time I open IE 6.0 SP1 (newest update) in XP, it gives me that program shut down box saying there was a problem with "MSCSTAT2.EXE" and it will be shut down... I've since deleted all references to it from the registry and there isn't any file even on my computer anyways, not to mention one running in task manager or in msconfig....I updated to the most recent version or norton definitions and there aint no viruses...anyone else seen this? I searched Microsoft.com, Yahoo and Google for "MSCSTAT2.EXE" and "MSCSTAT2" with no results ... also,...when I downloaded IE6 again the most recent, it says the version I am running is ***NEWER*** than the one I was trying to install...wtf?

Maybe this will help

WurldMedia/bpboh: first variant released with early Preview Releases. You have this variant if there is a file called "bpboh.dll" in your Windows directory. Presumbly the name should have been 'bpbho' (Buyers' Port Browser Helper Object), but someone made a typo. There will also be a 'rdxrNNNN.de' file containing an encoded target list. (NNNN is some numbers, looks like a date.)

WurldMedia/mbho: installs 'mbho.dll' and the 'rdxr' data file in the System directory instead of the Windows directory. Installer is not so stealthy and includes an option to prompt the user before redirecting a merchant site. However, if "enable" (the default option) is chosen on any of these prompts, it will be silent again forever.

WurldMedia/MSCStat. In this variant you get an 'MSCStat.exe' system tray program in the System directory, with an 'msc(numbers).de' file and 'ad(numbers).de.xml' as well as the files from the mbho variant.

WurldMedia/MSCStat2. The MSCStat.exe file is renamed MSCStat2, and there is finally an entry in Add/Remove Programs, which disables the software (though it leaves behind the files and some registry entries).

WurldMedia/MShop. The BHO is renamed m030106shop.dll, has a new ID, and complains when you try to use the uninstall option. (You have to confirm three times.)

WurldMedia/MPohs. The BHO is renamed m030206pohs.dll or similar filename and has a new ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back