MSI GS65 Stealth Thin Review: MSI's Best Laptop Design Yet

Why did the gs65 85 points and the aero 15x just 80? I was thinking about getting the aero 15x because I thought it would be a bit better.
What's the key difference ?

Why did the gs65 85 points and the aero 15x just 80? I was thinking about getting the aero 15x because I thought it would be a bit better.
What's the key difference ?

I would say that the Aero 15x is ever so slightly larger (albeit with thinner screen bezels), it is also slightly heavier. The acoustics on the 15x are also worse, it tends to get louder, although some people say that the thermals are better. The 15x is also more accessible, as in, you can get into the machine to upgrade it easier, sounds like its possible with the gs65, but you have to be very careful! Also a lot of people despise the camera position on the 15x, for me it also impacts on its aesthetic. And so for me, overall, I prefer the aesthetic of the gs65.

I bought an MSi laptop that simply never worked properly. These things are inundated with bloat ware, the HD failed in just 3 months, the chassis bent slightly, thouchpad is terrible and the list goes on.

There isn't a single positive thing I can say about their product. I would highly avoid it if anyone reading this is considering buying one.

Why the GS63 performs better in MATLAB simulations (22.3%) than the GS65?
From the review: "Others like the Adobe suite, compression and MATLAB are more heavily influenced by reduced memory bandwidth, and as such can be up to 29 percent slower. If you plan on using apps that are memory bandwidth sensitive, I’d suggest chucking in an extra stick of RAM to get dual-channel bandwidth."

I bought an MSi laptop that simply never worked properly. These things are inundated with bloat ware, the HD failed in just 3 months, the chassis bent slightly, thouchpad is terrible and the list goes on.

There isn't a single positive thing I can say about their product. I would highly avoid it if anyone reading this is considering buying one.
Bloatware and failed HDD... well you should always uninstall the bloatware from any vendor and this machine doesn't have a HDD so your first two concerns shouldn't be relevant here.

I wonder if it's possible to get to those free DIMM and M.2 slots by removing the keyboard instead. I've seen this situation on other laptops (such as the Eurocom M5), where some of the slots are under the keyboard area, and removing the keyboard exposes them.

This is relatively simple: remove 2 or 3 screws from the rear, pop the keyboard out with a Phillips screwdriver through the rear, and then disconnect the 1 or 2 ribbon cables connecting the keyboard to the motherboard.

You didn't thoroughly test CPU temperature. Run Prime95 on all 6 cores and report the temperature? And then Prime95 + 3DMark simulataneously? It will not be below 90C..
I bet it will throttle even in the former with the fans at 100% speed (Coolerboost mode).

Back