MSI MEGABOOK 510A suddenly died

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

Hello :)

I've got a problem that I hope some of you can help shed some light on.

On tuesday afternoon I was working heavily to create a basic linux shell in c, using Bloodshed Dev-C++ and an putty (SSH) connection to the linux servers on my university.

The OS is XP home german version.
The connection was using the built-in wireless connection to a D-Link wifi router. It had a fully charged battery, but was using the the power adapter.

Now, everything was working just fine, I leave the computer for a little while and when I return, it's turned off.
When I try to turn it on, nothing happens. I pull the plug, reseat the battery and nothing happens. When I reconnect the power line, I get a very brief light on the power led, but that is that.

One or two days earlier I had a problem waking up from the sleep state, where the computer stopped loading XP and gave me a black screen instead of the login screen. After a hard off (4 sec power button) it worked like it should.

Does anyone have any idea on what the problem could be?
I called a shop that sells rebranded MSI notebooks, and this was the first time they'd heard of such a problem.

I'd call MSI, but they don't have a support office in Norway. I will use the warranty, but since I bought the computer abroad, it takes some planning, and thus if there is an easy fix I can do myself, I'd rather do that.

Any help you can give is appreciated!

Maybe something within the laptop burned-out? If that's the case then it will be quite the financial burden... :-/ Just a possibility I guess, good luck.

Thanks for the tip.

I tried taking it apart (it did come with a screwdriver when I bought it), but the design made it hard to take it properly apart without damaging it, so I put that on hold for now...

As for the burden, yeah. Luckily it is under warranty, and I've got a relative living in Germany parts of the year who's willing to take it to a shop there and get it fixed, but that'll take a month or two, so I was hoping there was another option...
It is a very strange thing to be without a laptop when you've grown used to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back