MSI Radeon X1800GTO: Does it allow both VGA and TV at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamE

Thanks for taking the time to read my question!

My MSI Radeon X1800GTO card doesn't seem to allow me to run both my VGA monitor and a TV (as an extended desktop via Catalyst Control panel--which was supplied with the card) at the same time. It's very strange. The TV flickers and tries to come on but it just doesn't. I can however run just the TV or just the monitor.

Could this be a faulty card or is it possible it doesn't allow TV output and VGA at the same time (which the person who sold me it is trying to say)? Doesn't really make sense if that's the case. I mean, if that's the case then it's not "TV out"... as the card's feature list names it.

Here are some details on the card: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=739

Thanks everyone!

have you tried to lower the resolution on the TV ?..

I pretty sure you can extend your desktop to the tv.

Try using the Windows feature of extending the desktop to the secondary monitor (TV) in the Display Properties dialog.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've already tried both of those suggestions. I had no problems getting my old computer to work with a secondary monitor.

Anymore ideas?

Thanks!

it should work.. mind you it also depends on your TV and what it can handle.. some tvs can get real blury sometimes..

When you try to activate extended desktop what does it say? or does it appear to do so and you can move your mouse all the way off your main screen into the next but can't see it?

how about clone mode?

are you using the S-Video connection on your TV or the composite (yellow) then through an adaptor?

Try playing around with the frequency settings for the tv as well... or use a different plug/connector/cable etc. Check you got the latest drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back