Multiple BSoDs Win 7 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fairly recently i've been getting a whole host of Blue Screens (see below). These started occuring around a month ago and have been building up in frequency since then. The most common ones seem to happen regardless of what i am using the system for at the time.

These are the blue screens i've had.

NTFS.sys (Had this once)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (Have this regularly)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Have this regularly)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Had this once)
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Had this once)
dxgmms1.sys (Had this once)

This system itself is running a Windows 7 RC Build 7100 OS. It has 8gb of DDR2 RAM at 1066 MHz and and AMD Athlon 64 X2 3 GHz Processor. It was installed in June and now has a fair amount of programs on, although it's mostly used for the internet, watching films and occasionally playing games on.

I've run a virus/spyware scan to with no results. I've also ran memtest for 48 passes with no errors. I've tried different memory configurations with the same problems and i've also ran several HDD tests with no errors appearing.

The minidumps should be attatched however they might be of the bottom two errors.

Any help would be much obliged.

There was only one minidump file in the Zip from what I could see and it is error 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited as the cause of this crash is dxgmms1.sys which is a Windows driver and usually OS drivers are too general to be of much help in diagnosing a problem. However, many people are having issues with this particular one and this link may offer some help:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2146943

Thanks for the help it's much appreciated, the update in that thread is not applicable to this system according to Windows Self Updater.

There was a driver missing for my wireless adapter which i've now installed, so far i've not had any blue screens although i remain pessimistic.

My apologies for not having the minidumps attached as i attached the wrong file. The correct file is attached to this post. Once again thanks for the help.

EDIT: It would appear that the driver solved nothing as i just got another 3 Blue Screens one of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, one with no message and another with "An attempt was made to write to read only memory"

Four of the dumps simply cited OS drivers. However your 0x7E error which can be caused by hardware specifically cited memory corruption as your issue. You'll need to run Memtest of your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results

So i ran memtest on each stick for 8-10 passes, every stick passed with no errors.

What should i do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back