Multiple issues over multiple devices

Our ISP recently updated their hard ware to work with the Sprint network. Note: our ISP is not Sprint, but the local phone company.

Our Hardware:
Internet: DSL 10.0 (highest speed available)
Modem: Comtrend (ISP provides)
Router: Belkin N
Computer: 10 yr old Dell running XP - service pac3 - wired connection
Kindle Fire (first edition, no HD, etc) - wireless connection
Xbox 360 - wireless connection

Issues:
Xbox - went from constantly bumped from Xbox Live game by losing internet connection to not being able to enter a game at all
Kindle - went from occasional "network error' message during online tasks to having to restart download (multiple times) or refresh page for most any or all online tasks
Computer - have to click refresh to get most any page to load after the home page

What we've tried so far:
I have recently cleared the cache on both the computer and Kindle. XBox's new security measures have been met.

My questions:
Do any or all of these issues seem to be related?
Is there a piece of equipment or something we may be missing to make all of these things work? I am a networking novice.
Who should I call to get these issues corrected, my ISP or a tech service? Note: if I start with the ISP and they do not find an issue I have to pay for the call.

First. You should try to NOT use a wireless connection for any type of gaming: PC, Mac, Console, etc. If you can hard wire the xbox you'll be waaay better off than using wireless.

Now... Yes, the issues could be related - there maybe an issue with the Belkin N router. I'd try to first reset the Belkin router to default settings, check on manufacturer website for instructions how, most routers you can press a "reset" button w/ a paperclip or ball point pen. Reconfigure the Belkin router, recreate the wireless network and see how everything works. If you are still having issues, humor me and connect the Dell directly to the DSL modem, bypassing Belkin router. See if you still have connection issues, if you do then it could be the DSL modem that is the problem and call your ISP to replace. If you don't have same issues then it's most likely an issue with the Belkin router. Replace it. Don't buy the dirt cheapest router at the store, but you most likely don't need the most expensive one either. Find a good middle ground router, ask sales associate to assist you accordingly.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

Back