My computer keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently (last 2 months) has to buy a new power supply for my computer. Upon installation I added a SATA HDD I thought was bad. I was able to get it to format and decided to use it for extra storage for my music and video files. I have a ton of VHS tapes to convert. About 2 days later when running limewire I noticed it kept freezing after 15-20 min. The only way to unlock it was to restart from the front of the case. At first I thought it was just videos that were causing it ti freeze but tried to download music and it then did the same. At first I thought it might be the HDD since I has problems in the past with it but I then used my good drive for the download location and it did the same.
My computer specs are:
ABIT AI7 mobo
P4 2.6 processor
1.5 gig corsair Ram
Radeon 7000 Prowler AGP card
Soundblaster Live! 24 bit
KWorld PCI video capture card
Memorex double layer DVD/Rom
Dynex CD/Rom
Maxtor IDE 280 Gig HDD (Primary)
WD 250 Gig SATA HDD (Slave)
Antec 550 W power supply
Any ideas to get me out of this frustrating mess? Also I get no audio when trying to capture video from my VHS tapes. If it comes from the HDD it is no problem.

:eek: oh no you said the "L" word.

You may have got yourself infected with something from using limewire. I would start off by going here and following the directions exactly as they are stated. In the end post your HJT log and someone should be able to read it and see if you got rid of all the nasties in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back