My computer will not start up

First off, I am not really computer savvy, so I do not know all the lingo or those kind of things. I have a dell desktop with windows 7. I have noticed for the past two days that my computer was running a bit slow, and firefox stopped responding twice but then worked fine. This morning I went to turn on my computer and it goes to where I pick a user and I put in my password, then it didn't do anything when I pushed enter; I clicked on it with the mouse and it still did nothing. I then restarted the computer and not it is just staying on the grey screen that says windows 7 at the bottom. The mouse error is there too but it doesn't do anything else.

try booting into Safe Mode by striking F8 once per second

should give you a b/w vga screen to choose Start in Safe Mode - - continue there if possible.

If that works, then there's things we might try here to save you the $$/time of a visit to the repair shop.

Off to the repair shop we go... No friends that understand computers better than you, that can help here? Your computer is definitely sick :suspiciou

Back