My DirectX says my D3D and AGP are not available ! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been constantly trying to play mmorpgs on the net like Ragnarok but i keep getting D3D errors. And the thing is i dont even have direct3D acceleration or AGP texture acceleration, and i need them :mad: so if any of you know how to fix this problem pleeeeaase help :eek: here is what my dxdiag says :

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled ( Disable) ( Test DirecDraw )
Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available (--------) (----------------)
AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available (--------)

Notes:
- No problems found
-Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

You need to update chipset and graphics drivers.

But, for us to help you by giving links to those drivers, you need to tell us which motherboard and graphics card you have.

Ok get ready for this........................my graphics card is a

Chip Type : ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP (A21)
DAC Type: ATI Internam DAC
Total memory: 4.0 MB

I know i need a new G card but i dont want to get one unless i know it will fix these problems.

And i think my motherboard is well...... it says only system model? if thats it it is a powermate ES/VT W98 and my BIOS : Default System BIOS

directX 9.0 otherwise it doesnt say what my Mother Board.

YES, upgrading will enable you to play MMORPGS, geez that card is very old, I'm surprised if you can run anything 3D thats not atleast 7 years old (no offence)... 4MB of RAM, havent seen that for about 10 years or so :)

You will need to upgrade the card if you want to play any atleast semi-decent 3D game.

However, the info about the mobo you have given doesnt mean anything I'm afraid :(

But, you said the card was AGP, so you have to have an AGP slot.

In that case, say the price range/budget you can spend on the new card and we'll try to provide you the best choice.

I know the card is old when i first saw it i was amazed at so crappy it was! :confused: And sorry about info on the MotherBoard, i coulnt figure out where to find out what it was.

And my budget is around 80$-100$

Well, for the 80-100$ range in AGP I would sincerely recommend getting an ATi Radeon 9800Pro.

The only other cards that can compete with it in that price range are x700 and 6600le, both slower than it (6600le by a lot).

x700pro is faster than 9800pro, but it's out of the max 100$ range, x700 is 100$ and it's a little slower than 9800pro which is about 90$.

So the performance winner here would be the 9800pro, however I don't know how these x700 overclock, if they OC good, maybe getting x700 then OCing to pro or XT speed would bring you a nice boost over the 9800pro...

If you're not into OCing I think 9800Pro is the best choice.

Ok thanks, i am looking for a new comp anyway now. And it has to be to bestbuy.... due to gift cards and stuff, but i am looking at either a compaq or a gateway media center comp, both at about 550$ to 799$. And since bestbuy matches prices i am trying to look on the internet to find a better deal on these comps................. im also looking at the emachines but i dunno if they are good and hewlet-packeard.

Sure x800 is even better, but he said his range was max 100$, if he can afford that 20 more $, then yeah, it would be a much better choice...

Btw, about emachines, well I haven't had one or even played with one up until now, but from what people say it's terrible and customer support sucks.
So I wouldn't go with that one.

All others are pretty decent...

I wish you all a happy new year!

thanks for all your help guys. Ill be getting my new compaq presario in about a day or so. and it has a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 at 256 mbs so ill be set to play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back