My Flash Drives pick up as Removeable Disk that are blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone can help me.

I have a Albatron KM400T-8x Pro motherboard with the latest bios. It is a replacement board I got for the previous one.

If I put my USB Flashdrive in the USB port, it picks up as Removeable Disk but the is no DATA on the drive. :knock: If I take it to another PC it picks up perfectly with Volume Label and DATA on it.
I tried format and re-install windows but no use. I added a add-on USB connection but also no use. Re-installed the Drivers of the board no use. Updated VIA drivers no use.

I wonder if it might be my Case or PSU that gives the problem.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE???

Thanks for your time.

Obvious out

Ummm, You running XP or 98? If its 98, you don't have the properly software to handle USB drives... If its XP, I unno.

I have Installed Windows XP SP2 and all the newest update of the motherboard installed. But what I still don't understand is why??

The first board was faulty and did not pick anything up as said above....then i went and got a replacement board.....then fresh installed WinXP SP2....it worked for like 2 weeks then went back to the usual of not picking up any data on the flashdrive.

A mouse works on the port. With startup you have to pull out the mouse cable and then reconnect it. A printer picks up and everything...installs drivers...but then does not print.

So any suggestions will be appreciated because I give up on this. A new board from other make I think will fix it but have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back