My folders are not sorting by 'date modified', they were

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty[hk]

A couple days ago, I had some folders sorted as 'date modified', and all files and folders would be in the proper place.

Issue:
Something happend, I have no idea what, i was actually under the impression that nothing unusual happend, until I i noticed a huge block of folders.
Now, all my folders on at the very top of my computer, all in chronological order, then under those, all my files, again in chronological order...the folders used to be factored together with the files so they would mix, and newest files AND folders would be at the bottom.

Attempted fixes:
The only things i have tried are right click and messing with 'arrange by options', so nothing special, and nothing unusual except the folder/file sexism! I don't think this is a malware problem.

Running WinXP SP3, win7 beta (actually this problem seems default in win7 beta, but its never actually mixed files and folders before, so I suppose it would be considered relatively normal in beta).

What you describe is exactly per Windows XP design when folder options default is set to date modified order. Folders SHOULD come at the top. In XP I am unaware of any sort method that will intermix files and folders in Windows Explorer.

As to this being a side effect of Windows 7, nothing would surprise me about MS latest toy for kids of all ages.

Quite how you ever got the order you claim to have had in the first place in XP is unknown, but try resetting via control panel/folder options/set all folders (to the order of the folder you have open at the time). Or are you really complaining about the view in W7 all along? It is not clear in which OS you're seeing the problem.

Oh ok, i guess it was a bit late, I WANT my folders to intermix with files in chronological order in XP.

I don't really think W7 has anything to do with it, but if you know how to do that in W7, that would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back