My Network drive wil not stay mapped...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello There,

Hi i have been trying to troubleshoot this problem i have been having with my network drive. I have a program set up on a server and several computers use this program. Well recently the server started to crash constantly and i have another one up and running with just printers set up on it, so i copied the files to the print server and i was mapping the drive to the new server with this extension.. \\nmsu-las-new\banner which is the new server and the old location was \\nmsu-las\banner... so the mapj batch file is configured to map j using the old server location. which is \\nmsu-las\banner .. and i go in and edit the batch file which maps j on the C drive in system32 folder.. change it to the new server which is \\nmsu-las-new\banner and then restart.. when the users log back in the drive is disconnected and i have to remap it. here is how the .bat file looks after i change it.

if exist O:\ net use o: /del >nul
net use O: \\nmsu-las-new\Banner banner /u:nmsu-net\banner /persistent:no
if exist J:\ net use o: /del >nul
net use J: \\Topaz\Banner banner /u:wnmu-net\banner /persistent:no

After all this i have to copy and run registry fixes to allow the program to run but thats not the problem .. i want to know how to keep the drive mapped. Do i have to alter anything else in the .bat file. either on the c drive or the server, or both. the server mapj.bat file is still using the old .bat file. i changed it and the program won't run so it's still using the old .bat file.. i don't know what else to do. stumped!! .. well thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing from anyone. thanks again.

Techkc

I'll take a stab at this,

Change persistent no to persistent yes maybe.

Oh and your 3rd line has 2 diff drive letters , shouldn't they both be J?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back