My new eVGA 7600gt CO running slower than I thought it would

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhrenBa

Hey Guys,

I just got the eVGA 7600gt CO and put it in my Dell 4700 with 512MB of RAM, 2.8ghz P4, and a 80GB SATA hard drive.

When I am playing AOE3, I have the graphics options on the highest they can be, and I am only getting a top of 34fps and sometimes it dips down to like 19-21fps. Is this normal?

I also ran the Aquamark3 test and got a score of 55,801, is that normal? When I was running the test, the fps counter in the bottom barely got above 40fps.

This card is 580/1500mhz and has 256MB of RAM.

Also, in Civilization 4, I am only getting 44fps with max settings.

What do you guys think?

best thing you can do is let the application control it, I turned everything on to full thinking thats the best thing to do but it aint the case.

stevenazari said:
best thing you can do is let the application control it, I turned everything on to full thinking thats the best thing to do but it aint the case.

What do you mean by this? Have the game or the card control it? Where do I do this?

I'm afraid your CPU might be bottlenecking your card :(

Try lowering your resolution, and in-game details. Also, make sure you aren't using too much antialiasing.

Also, make sure you have the latest video drivers.

Add RAM man for most games now 1GB is a must especially for CIV4, some more RAM will really help your comp out I would go for 2GB if possible.

Rayss523 said:
Add RAM man for most games now 1GB is a must especially for CIV4, some more RAM will really help your comp out I would go for 2GB if possible.

Alright, cool, I will do that soon. Oh, btw, I ran 3dmark05 and got a score of 4786, is that good?

Ive never heard of a 2.9 ghz celeron... is it overclocked or underclocked?

EDIT: Oh, sorry I forgot about the 2.93 ghz version :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back