My PC does not start anymore since I activated the /debug option

Status
Not open for further replies.

be_tnt

Since few weeks, I got sometimes the windows blue screen. I used the WinDbg tool to find out what was the problem and each time, it says: driver fault but did not give me which driver was faulty (I used minidump file). When I injected the last blue screen I got in WinDbg, it told me that it could be a good idea to activate the /debug option in the boot.ini file. So I did it .... but since that, my PC does not start anymore. THe best thing I could have is the windows XP window but froozen (lall my programs did not start, the mouse is in strike so does not move anymore, .... :dead: ) Any idea on what's happening and what can I do to solve my issue?

Try going into safe mode and undoing what you did. Press F8 before the windows screen comes up to access safe mode from the list.

I tried it but when the PC starts to boot I only see the "intel inside pentium 4" icon and then my screen blinks few times and then Windows is starting (to stop after few seconds). I tried the F8 key but it's like the PC does not use it :confused:

It seems that my F keys were not activated by default on my keyboard. I will now boot in a safe mode and remove the /debug option. :giddy:

It works now. I removed the /debug and my PC is rebooting.
I guess I changed something else but can't remember what. You know when the PC is rebooting, you got first the all story about the CPU, memory, IRQ, ... I do not have that anymore. Instead I got during several minutes the "intel inside" icôn and directly after the windows start-up window :blush:
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back