Inactive My processes are all really high! CPU usage spiking to 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

Can anyone help me?
All my processes mem usage is suddenly very high! Naturally my CPU usage is spiking to 100% whenever I want to do anything and things are moving very slow...I have attached a screenshot of my processes tab in windows task manager.

Please see the attachment.

I've run all the virus scans with microsoft essentials, AVG, Ad-aware, spy doctor, and others....all say it's clean but alas, still slow. I just dont know what to do now and I def. dont want to format it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Your Friend,
-Josh-

Attachments

• screenshot1.JPG
    screenshot1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 5
According to your screenshot, your CPU usage is at 3%, so I'm not sure where you can see100%.

Hello,

Well my CPU usage is spiking to 100% quite often...like as soon as I want to do anything it jumps up - like it doesn't have the resources to do anything when I want to. At idle it is between 1-10%, then jumps to 100% as soon as I open a browser window, open microsoft word, anything really. All my processes mem usage is really high so I dont imagine I have the capability to do much when that's going on.

Thanks,

Open couple of programs, which seem to trigger high CPU usage and....

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.
Click on View > Select Colunms.
In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.
Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.
Attach the file to your next reply.

System Idle Process (CPY NOT used) is listed at 96.04%
Perfectly normal.
I'm not sure where you can see high CPU usage.

I've attached the screen shot where I see 100% CPU usage.

Like I said, I only think it spikes because the processes are so high...any idea why they are so high? Any solutions?

Thanks

Attachments

• task manager performance.JPG
    task manager performance.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 3
Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back