My Radeon 9250 is not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a problem, every time i try to install this driver 8.282.0.0 my comp tells me to setup my "display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup." My question is where do i get the VGA driver

MY computer
windows xp home
pentium 4 2.93GHz
504MB RAM
120GB hard drive
Ati Radeon 9250 256MB PCI

And when i try to run DOD my video card resets itself, Steam said i need version 8.282.0.0 for my card to play that game

In Device Manager, click 'video controller', click 'driver', click 'update driver', follow the wizard. This should install the standard vga.

If it does not, click 'update', click 'install from a specific location', click 'don't search I will blah blah', click 'have disk', type 'c:\windows\inf' in search box and you should see standard vga. Click that.

Let it install the standard vga driver, reboot, then run your setup

i have a question, is display adapters the same as video controller because i don't see it in my device manager

I think the overall problem is that your card is not supported by Steam. If Steam needs at least ATI driver version 8.282, that is Catalyst 6.8. Unfortunately, Catalyst 6.8 does not support your 9250 card according to ATI's release notes. The card is too old.

While it might be possible to get it to work somehow (but I don't know myself), you would be better off getting a better card. Most Steam games would choke that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back