My standard VGA graphic adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000?

Help! Now my standard VGA Graphic Adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000? I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS on this Laptop but now its not loading up right, on start-up? I had to, chip Rev for the Nvidia to get my laptop to work... or see anything on the screen? but now I can not play any game or watch movies correctly. HP are no help ether as my warranty has run out now, can anyone help me? I have attached some images of my display settings.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks "dustin_ds3000" I will try but, I don't know why my original driver stopped working I did not update anything or add any thing new>?

Plus Windows update reckon-mends me to update nVidia-Display-NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS (date published: 12/19/2008) I have try to install this one many times without any joy>?
just a black screen after start-up BIOS info>? is strange.

I'm using Vista Home Premium @ Service Pack 2 with a 32-bit O-system, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz 2.20GHz, RAM 2.00GB

Did not work? still have a problem with my Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS on this Laptop?

This update did not work too? it installed but then on reboot it would not install the rest of the driver, or what ever it does.. So I'm now back using the VGA Graphic Adapter.

Still the same problem, when the driver is activated for my Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS, its start-up, I get the BIOS info then the Microsoft Corporation loading bar then the screen goes black!?, with some little green dots on the screen, but the strange thing is that VGA Graphic Adapter works fine, the screen and everything?

Can anyone help me out??

Damn there are so many questions to ask. Did you uninstall the original driver? Are there any colored blocks on the screen?

Many times when a driver simply stops working the hardware it used to drive is no longer available. That means your video card may just be broken. I've had computers tell me that my sound card has changed without me changing anything. Windows searches for a new driver but can never find one because the sound card simply quit working and I don't have a working sound card in the computer anymore. I suspect that you have a similar situation with your video card.

The Standard VGA Adapter is simply the old video card without the driver in place. I would completely remove any traces of the old driver and try to reinstall the driver again. There are programs out there that will help you remove the old driver.

Thanks for the reply Cinders!

Maybe your right about my Graphic Card is broken or something is not working correctly on it.
I tired uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of the old driver and reinstalling it with no joy. The green dots are small, about 2mm squared with a black background and are random on the screen when loading still.
My Device Manager always says that This device is working properly for the Graphic Card but I know its not. So is the VGA Adapter an independent graphic card from my Nvidia graphic then? It would explain something.

No the standard adapter is your NVidia graphics chip without the Windows driver in place.

Sometimes a device can break but still perform some of its basic functions. When that happens Windows can see the broken device as a completely new device and that new device will use a generic Windows driver because whatever Windows uses to identify the device has changed or is hidden.

Your video chip works at a higher level when the video driver is in place, but it also works at a lower level without a driver. When you first boot your computer you may see messages from your computer motherboard. These messages don't require any driver to be loaded from the hard drive to be displayed because your motherboard uses it BIOS (basic input output system) to control the video chip. Once your computer gets to the Windows welcome screen it has loaded the Windows video driver. If you get to Windows and your computer tells you that you have a standard video adapter driver in place then that usually means that the NVidia driver isn't loaded or the NVidia driver is corrupt or the video device is broken or your Windows install is fubar.

I have now have fully reinstall Vista and all the driver and everything, but I still got the same problem. Also I took my Laptop a part to look at the Nvidia chip and there is no burning makes and still look newly mounted on the motherboard? do you think it worth getting a copper shim to help it to press down on the chip>? or any other ideas you have please.

Back