mystery bsod help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastaXcore

hey i keep getting a bsod and i cant figure out what the problem is, can someone read my minidumps and give me a hand?
im sure i have all drivers up to date and it isnt always the same bsod.
it does not happen at a certain time or when something is run, its just random.

system is
win xp/sp2
geforce 6200
2gb ram
3.4ht pentium
250gb hdd
asrock 775VM800 mobo
cmedia CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device (possibly the problem but cannot find latest driver)
creative audigy sound blaster platinum (secondry sound recording card)
pci tv card
wireless lan card.

please help its doin my nut.
please note im not comp illiterate, i know what im doin, jus dont know much bout mini dumps, cheers

help apreciated

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 of your miniumps crash at cmaudio.sys. This is your sound driver.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your soundcard drivers with the latest versions.

2 of you minidumps crash at Sacm2K.sys. I can`t find any info for this driver. Do you recognise it? Possibly a satalite modem?

You might also want to go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

wasnt a sat modem, it was my bluetooth device i forgot to mention on my system. thanks loads howard, updated software for c media, there sites down for the downloads so i did my best with what i could find on the net, if prob continues ill let u kno
cheers

hey i took out that soundcard but i still gettin a bsod, can u tell me what it is thsi time please.
much apreciated

Of your 3 minidumps.

1 is corrupt, and unreadable. Possible ram problem?

1 crashes at Sacm2K.sys, and a bugcheck of 8E.

1 crashes at Sacm2K.sys, and a bugcheck of D1.

Sacm2K.sys. Your bluetooth adapetr is causing most of your problems. Try uninstalling it, and see if the crashes go away.

Did you run the memory diagnostics in the link I gave you?

If so what were the results?

Regards Howard :)

yea i ran that link before u even gave it me lol, and i already took that bluetooth adapter off so beats me what it is.

rastaXcore said:
yea i ran that link before u even gave it me lol, and i already took that bluetooth adapter off so beats me what it is.

You need to uninstall the bluetooth drivers as well.

Possibly you`ll find them in add remove programmes in your control panel.

I use windbg to read minidumps. It is part of the debugging tools for Windows suite.

If you would like to be able to read miniumps. Take a look at this short tutorial HERE

thats great much apreciated, i have already removed all the bluetooth stuff so maybe that doesnt belong to the bluetooth device, beats me

yeah i searched when u told me too i couldnt find much apart from like u say a sat modem think ill get a new mobo asrock suck

I can`t see anything in your minidumps that would suggest it`s a mobo problem.

I have a feeling that the Sacm2K.sys file is part of your modem drivers.

Try uninstalling your modem, and see what happens. If the crashes then stop, get another modem.

Other than that, I`m out of ideas.

its a lan cable modem so it dont have drivers.
jus figured out it maybe my wireless lan card, it isnt installed with drivers yet maybe thats it

rastaXcore said:
its a lan cable modem so it dont have drivers.
jus figured out it maybe my wireless lan card, it isnt installed with drivers yet maybe thats it

Could be. Install the drivers for it, and cross your fingers lol.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back