Need a compatible processor

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

Which CPU does the machine currently have?
Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note.
It's not the processor at fault here. If you are looking for a better gaming experience you will need a better graphics card. I'm all most certain any LGA-1155 CPU will keep up with a GT 620.

I don't care much for Foxconn but the LGA-1155 platform still has plenty of potential.

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

I have a Intel Pentium G2100T.

What kind of CPU's do you recommend for my brother's comp?

Which CPU does the machine currently have?
It's not the processor at fault here. If you are looking for a better gaming experience you will need a better graphics card. I'm all most certain any LGA-1155 CPU will keep up with a GT 620.

I don't care much for Foxconn but the LGA-1155 platform still has plenty of potential.

My brother usually does the run on specs on games he's interested in from various websites, they usually point to his CPU being weakest link. :(

My brother usually does the run on specs on games he's interested in from various websites, they usually point to his CPU being weakest link. :(
I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't a weak link. My suggestion was that it probably keeps up fine with the GT 620 and better cards. The question so far has been pointing at the CPU, when it is clear that the GPU is not a gaming card. My recommendation would be to upgrade both, there is plenty of upgrade room.

P.S.
The PSU will likely need upgrading as well, if you do intend on getting a stronger GPU.

An i3-3220 would work. Its around 129 bucks, There are a few better cpu's right at 200 but not sure if you guys want to max your budget.

I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't a weak link. My suggestion was that it probably keeps up fine with the GT 620 and better cards. The question so far has been pointing at the CPU, when it is clear that the GPU is not a gaming card. My recommendation would be to upgrade both, there is plenty of upgrade room.

P.S.
The PSU will likely need upgrading as well, if you do intend on getting a stronger GPU.

Wait, did I miss something? He already has a cpu? If this is this the case then and the 200 dollar budget is still in play I definately agree with this post. The 620 is definately a hold up.

Nevermind. I see what he has. tbh they both(cpu and gpu) could use a little loving. But since he has a cpu I'd say spend 140 on a gpu and 55 bucks or so on a good 500 watt power supply. You will definately see a noticeable difference.

P.S.

Thanks, I will look into that, but he's space is limited in his case, was just hoping to replace the CPU, but he might he need a new mid-tower to fit the new GPU and PSU.

:eek: No No, you were right. He has a cpu. I think we need to switch this thread to the idea of a gpu upgrade, along with a quality psu.

Well this thread was mainly to replace the CPU, but after "cliff" mentioned the GPU needing and upgrade, he was right, my brother's GPU single-core and PSU 100W are weak. :(

Well this thread was mainly to replace the CPU, but after "cliff" mentioned the GPU needing and upgrade, he was right, my brother's GPU single-core and PSU 100W are weak. :(

Both items I listed above are quality parts and will offer a noticeable difference in performance. You will even save in rebates and no cost for shipping.

They will both fit in the smallest of cases, unless its a one of those set top boxes from dell that are about 4 inches wide.

Back