Need a Different Way to Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

I think the issue I am having might be related to a virus but the infon I need might be in general hardware or operating systems> Let me know ok? The computer has XP as the OS. The computer does its post then right after the XP splash screen i get a blue screen which goes away immediately before I can read it and starts the same thing over. How can I get past that point? Can I load XP on my jump drive and go from there? The usb has that option I think? Any Idea?
Thanks Trafficflow

hi

press teh f8 key when it boots up and you can get a menu, one of the options is to disable autorestart on blue screen

Stop the autostart by pressing <F8> repeatedly once per second upon pressing the <on> button.
Then if still there, it is likely going to be difficult to diagnose. Failed hard drive, failed video graphics driver, failed other driver, Infestations of various types...
Tell us more about brand, age, Windows version, configuration, and such. We don't have enough information to suggest anything.

I disabled the autostart function. The message is unmountable boot volume.No new hardware changes also. I guess you can kiss the files away. Maybe he will learn to do backups now. I will run the diagnostics first then try a repair. Sound good?

This error MIGHT be due to hardware issues but it might also be the result of file system / disk corruption. Suggest you try running running chkdsk /r. See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post] which might also (if lucky) allow you an alternate boot to get to those files

That worked!! Thanks everybody. I am looking for virus now and doing backups. Chkdsk found 2 errors on the hard drive. Is there anything else I need to do? Am I suppose to mark this solved? Where is at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back