Need advice on graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall i have a question, but keep in mind i am pretty computer dumb. Im looking to buy a new computer, found one on ebay and was told it has intel extreme graphics integrated into the motherboard. I dont know what that means, but I looked into it and it looks like thats kinda crappy. I want to do some gaming, so this company offers free installation on upgraded graphics cards. The one that seems to be the best the store offers is a nvidia 512mb video card. It didnt give any model number or anything like that, but does that sound like it would be any good? If not, what would be a good recommendation?

Thanks for any help

The model number would be the main deciding factor. You can actually buy one and install it on your own, it's really a matter of opening up the case and pushing the new card into the slot, while hooking up the power cable, if it needs one. Then the only thing that would be a wee bit harder is the drivers. But still, it's as simple as downloading and installing them. Then the installer will ask you to reboot, and once that's complete, you're done.

If that sounded complicated, then I suggest buying one yourself and getting them (or a local computer store) to install it for you.

Ok I may just take the computer the way it is and install a new card after I get it. I've installed RAM into one before, so surely I should be able to handle this. I really appreciate the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back