Need help fixing my local area network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running a computer using Vista and I just moved it from one room to another. Before moving the computer I had no problems running both Xbox Live and my internet connection on the computer. My connection is a DSL service through SBC and it runs through a D-Link Router that has slots for ethernet cables as shown below.

- - - - -

There are four immediately next to each other on the left, and one set apart slightly farther to the right.

When I have my three cables (one for the modem, one for my xbox, and one for my computer) in the slots on the left, I can connect to the internet through my computer (as they are right now) but not through my Xbox. If I move the cable for my computer over to the slot farthest on the right, I can connect to Xbox LIve, but I can't connect to the internet through my computer.

If anybody could provide any sort of solution it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Is there a chance that it could be my ethernet cable? While I may have moved the computer from one room to another the only change I really made at all was using a longer ethernet cable for my computer to my router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back