Need help formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

My computer has been giving me too many problems lately, and I did not want to format but I have no choice.

The problem is, I do not know how to format a computer on Windows XP Pro with out a floppy disk, I'm only familar with 98, Me, and those kind of versions.

Tgabjs

I'm having a problem with step 2. I don't know how to set my CD-ROM to Primary and my HDD to Secondary. I put the CD-ROM as first boot disk but it still won't read the cd.

Just where in Step 2 does it mention Primary and Secondary?????

You set boot device priority in your bios (floppy, cd then hd in that order), save and exit (F10) and then insert your XP disk in the cd and reboot.

I did put the Floppy, CD then HD in that order and it still will not even check the CD drive first. Now when my computer tries to start windows, it has an Error and does not load up windows.

What error message?

How can it load Windows if you haven't yet formatted and installed it?

Are you trying to format over Win98 ?

Do you have a floppy and cd drive as well?

Anyway, if it bothers you, set the boot order back where it was.

I have not reformatted my HDD or installed Windows yet. It's just when it tries to load windows it says "Error with Operation System"

This computer came installed with Windows XP Pro. I haven't installed Windows 98 on it.

I only have a CD Drive in the computer.

I have my screen set so I can READ what people post. As this is the case, this site lets me see 1 and 1/2 lines of your =signature= - thus, I can't read what you posted under your 'Current System Specifications' heading.

If you used the proper place to input those I could look and find them.

Since you won't, I cannot figure out what to say to help you further.

Continue on your merry way doing things as you see fit.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back