NEED HELP no audio device; no mixer device available

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've read some of your previous threads but i dont understand about mobos and pcis pls help me. it all started when my msn messenger's alerts stopped making their sounds whenever someone signed on or something, then yesterday the sound would not work at all and i went to the sound controls in the control panel and its all grey, for some reason whenever i turn my computer on, i can listen to music and watch videos but once a while has gone by the sounds disappear.. pls help me. if those mobos and pcis are neede pls guide me step by step in getting them for you. thanks!

which operating system u use??? if it windows xp try to restore them. right click on my computer icon---> propetries---> system restore. choose day when it was ok and restore it. succes

ZWERVER said:
which operating system u use??? if it windows xp try to restore them. right click on my computer icon---> propetries---> system restore. choose day when it was ok and restore it. succes

i did that but the problem is still there:S .. what else could it be?? i restored it to a month ago and it said it couldnt do it so i restored it to about three days (3 days ago my computer was fine) but nothing happend:S.. pls help

It can be driver problems...can u chek of all of drivers correctly installend??? if not reinstall them.

how can i check if all of my drivers are installed correctly. when i go to panel control to the sounds option and go to the hardware tab, all of the "hardware" that appears there say they're working properly :S is that it?

if your audio device installed correctly,then u can start windows media player and try to open for listening mp3 or wma format songs. otherwiseu wil get error.... Maybe your soud is on mute??!!

yea i tried windows media and itunes and it says i have an error on the audio, i restored the system yesterday but it didnt work so i turned my computer off and the when i turned it back on. th audio was back and working just fine, i turned my computer off again and it froze doing some windows updates.. so i had to turn it off manually, then today the audio isnt working anymore, could these updates have anything to do?? if so how do i turn them off or change them so that i can do them manually?
p.s. the day before everything happen my computer froze just like yesterday updating.

ok if it gives error, that means a driver error. so try to install audio driver again. if u have already installed before, then uninstal them first reboot your pc and install it again. that should help to solve problem. succes.

ok and which one of all those that appear in the hardware tab is my driver.. the first one says realtek ac97 audio.. could this be it?
thanks

For real it's the Realtek

In the case of the "audio device"/ "driver" you can deal with it through Control Panel Add/remove programs. It's an installable/removable program. You would still need a clean installer package (.exe file). You should be able to find this on the board manufacturers web site. In the good old days Realtek used to come with an extra bonus of a "monitor" in it's program.This, to me at least, is spyware. If you find it in the program folder however you can delete it. (after installation). The inquiring minds at Realtek wanted to know how their program was being used. Spybot SD14 picks the monitor up under tools>startup. It can prevent it from running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back