Need help troubleshooting SSD

DonNagual

System Specs:
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
CPU: i7 3770k
PSU: Antec EA650 Green
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC
SSD: OCZ Vector 128GB SSD Indilinx Barefoot

First problem, every time I started my system, it would run a scan on the SSD for no reason. Figured there was something wrong with it, and exchanged for a new one. Same problem.

Today, suddenly the SSD disappeared from my boot devices completely. I am unable to find the SSD in the bios, and the system can't boot up.

About to give up on it and just use the HDD. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

The ssd is connected to the Intel Z77 Sata 6 Gb/s connector on the motherboard.

SSD's don't need separators of any kind. Just use the proper fitting screws if needed. Yes the SSD is bad if bios in 2 computers never detect it...

Sounds like the drive is history. I had a similar problem with the Vertex 4 128 I bought last year (died after 15 days, never to be recognized again). That's why I don't trust OCZ, too many failures & DOAs. I then went with Crucial M4, which would disappear after a sudden power loss until you reset it as boot drive in the BIOS (fixed by firmware 04MH; 07MH now available). The M4 is only middlin' fast, but it's considered to be very reliable Crucial also just released a new drive, the M500, based on 20nm MLC nand, with Marvell's new 88SS9177 controller, and it looks very promising.

Back